This course has been approved by the State of Missouri and the EPA and enables the successful participant to obtain a State of Iowa or State of Missouri asbestos contractor/supervisor license.
Provides students with information about:
- Asbestos awareness
- Asbestos regulations
- Work procedures for asbestos removal projects
- Worker protection for asbestos removal projects
- General work site safety for asbestos removal projects
- Operations and maintenance programs
- Supervisor topics
- Instruction and hands on training for containment and glove bag procedures
- Written State of Iowa and/or State of Missouri license examination(s) (administered at the end of the course)
The certified contractor/supervisor:
- Can identify existing asbestos hazards
- Has authority to reduce/eliminate asbestos hazards
- Is trained formally in all aspects of abatement and removal procedures
- Can supervise employees
- Ensures personal protection of abatement workers
- Understands and carries out provisions of the OSHA construction standard
Designations for Asbestos Work:
- Class I - Activities involving the removal of Thermal System Insulation (TSI) and surfacing Asbestos Containing Material (ACM) and Presumed Asbestos Containing Material (PACM). Includes, but is not limited to, the removal of sprayed-on fireproofing, pipe, boiler, and mechanical systems insulation.
- Class II - Activities involving the removal of ACM that is not TSI or surfacing material. This includes, but is not limited to, removal of ACM wallboard, roofing, floor tile and sheeting, mastics, and siding shingles.
- Class III - Repair and maintenance operations conducted where ACM materials are likely to be disturbed.
- Class IV - Maintenance and custodial activities during which employees contact ACM and PACM and activities to clean up waste and debris containing ACM and PACM.
- Each student will be required to pass a written examination to fulfill the requirements for the State of Iowa and/or State of Missouri.
- In order to participate in respirator fit-testing, a copy of the physician’s certification must be provided to the course instructor.
- If taking the initial course, attendance for all 5 days is required. The class fee will not be refunded for those who do not attend the full 5-days.
- Maintaining certification requires that prior to the expiration of your certificate, you must complete an 8-hour refresher course annually.
- Students wishing to obtain a State of Missouri license will need to take an additional exam. This exam will need to be taken only once if certification stays current. If participant lets certification pass the grace period, the initial class and Missouri exam will need to be retaken.
- Upon successful completion of the course and exam, each student will receive a certificate of accreditation as an asbestos contractor/supervisor.
- Map and Driving Instructions to training facility.
- Course Policies
- Online Registration
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Contact us for more information and a complimentary needs consultation.